"Madrid is a fantastic mix of people, languages, culture and food, but if there is one thing all of Spaniards share it's a love of food and drink." - Jose Andres.
Did you know?
- That Madrid was named the capital of Spain as it is the geographical centre of the Iberian Peninsula and has the 3rd highest population in the European Union.
- Madrid is renowned for being one of the cheapest places to visit in all of Europe, with the average alcoholic beverage costing 2euros and a meal out just 9euros.
- Madrid is one of the highest cities in the WORLD rising to 700 metres of altitude.
- The Royal Palace is known to be Spain’s most beautiful building and the largest palace in all of Europe, however the royal family doesn’t live there – unlike most royal palaces.
- The Spanish are the notorious winners of the FIFA World Cup – winning the tournament 6 times over – more than any other nation.